If you consider having a body waxing that will remove the hair efficiently and effectively, there are some simple tips and tricks to try to make the treatment easier and less painful. Yes, since waxing is often associated with pain, a lot of people take a step back and not wanting to have the procedure done to them. But you shouldn’t be discouraged as there are simple tips that can help you deal with the pain and discomfort.
The Handy Tips and Tricks
Here are some of the tips that you can consider before having the treatment done to you:
- If this is your first time, it is always better to go to the expert. Visit waxing studio or clinic, and have the procedure done to you. Don’t be a know it all and perform the procedure by yourself. You can always ask for help from other people – like your close friend or sister – but unless they are qualified, you should consider the risks.
- In case you want to have a bikini wax, consider doing yoga first to make you limber and flexible. It helps quite a lot, you know?
- If this is your first time, start small. Remove hair from a small area and see how it works for you. If you don’t mind the pain and discomfort, and you are okay with it, you can increase your level and step up to a wider area.
- Use a numbing cream. Ask the therapist about it because most therapists have one.
- Take a pain reliever – like Ibuprofen – around 30 minutes before the procedure.
- Keep the hair, at least, one inch of the wax. The hair shouldn’t be too long or too short so the procedure will be easier.
- Sometimes a cold compress can help, so ask for the therapist to provide one for you. Once you decide to wax yourself, you can prepare one by yourself.